What I Know About Christmax!


My grandfather said why we always cried 'Merry' to Christmas and
'Happy' to New Year. We could enjoy our Christmas day merrily. We
enjoyed our New Year happily and we were looking forward to our new
unborn days. I remembered he said don't say 'Happy Christmas', say
'Merry Christmas' and don't say 'Merry New Year', say 'Happy New
Year'. I always remember what he said about 'Merry' and 'Happy' when
Christmas and New Year come.

How Meaningful Christmas!
  
It was a first time in my blog that I met this Christmas since I had
started my blog writing. I was told that if one was invited for
Christmas Party from his or her friend, it was sure that he or she
must be their special guest for their family. It was because Christmax
party within family was very precious. No other acquaintance or any
friend of their family could not be welcomed on Christmax day.
Christmas Day only held on family circle. That was I heard from my
father.

When I watch a film 'When I was sleeping', a girl who was invited for
the Christmas Party from her friend, she was very surprised for that.
She had no relatives and very lonely girl. Her friend knew her life
and pitied her. Later, I understood how meaningful the invitation was
on Christmas Day for the guest. Her friend considered her as their
family member.

Don't Miss It!

When my father was in France, he was a Ph.D student and he had not
much friend in there. He stayed in a hostel. When all the students in
hostel were going outside and enjoying Christmas, he remained at his
room quietly on Christmas day. But some of his teacher's family was
driving around in the University campaign and searched which student's
room was lighted. Most of the rooms in the hostel were dark on
Christmas day. All were going outside and enjoying Christmas. It was
easy to find the lighted rooms on Christmas night. So they invited
these lonely students to their house for celebrating Christmas Party
together. My father had a chance to participate with his teacher's
family celebrating Christmas party.

Mixing Our Tradition With Christmas

We were Buddhists and I thought that Christmas was for the Christians
only. But in my experience, I found many Burmese people loved to enjoy
the Christmas with their Christian friends. They loved to sing
Christmas songs, they walked around with their friends wandering to
the houses singing many sweet songs on Christmas day. I also met my
Christian friends and I loved to share with their happiness. There
were Christmas songs sung by famous singers and we loved to listen
with delight. We especially listened these songs in Christmas eve and
Christmas day. There were many Christmas stories by famous writers
including Charles Dickens; 'Christmas Carol'.

I saw some young people here gave their presents each other on
Christmas day. They sent Christmas Cards to their friends and wished
'Merry Christmas' happily. I also sent Christmas Cards to my friends
wishing 'Merry Christmas'. I did not think this Christmas was for
Christians only. I believed wishing 'Merry' or 'Happy' to others, it
was a very good thing. The Christmas Day was a chance for us to say
each other with kind and gentle wish. So, I did not miss this chance
although the Christmas day did not concern me.

Why Santa Not Come To Me?

Santa Claus was the symbol of Christmas. The old man with long white
beard, was called Santa Claus carrying big bag bringing many presents
for the children all over the world! Sometimes he was driving golden
deer and traveling in the sky. He always wore red clothes with white
linings. I had never received a present from him since I was a kid! I
thought he was only for the Christians children and he represented for
the foreign countries only. He simply cared for them. That's why he
did not come to me. But I loved his stature and his smiling face. He
seemed very gentle and peaceful to everyone. That's why all the
children around the world loved him very much.

My New Year Wish!

I wish all the people around the world 'Merry Christmas'.

"May the happy moments and the happy memories of Xmas
Brighten, lighten and cheer up
Every day of the new year."
--
'J'

Comments