Peace Lover





Dagon Taryar (1919 – 19th august 2013) – Burmese poet and writer who always said about Peace, and declared that peace forwards unity, unity forwards peace.  He died after the death of Burmese writer; Min Lu, just a few days passed. I had not yet my sorrow calm for my dear writers and poets who passed away in the month of august 2013, (I just wrote about them on the previous posts.). Dagon Taryar passed away in his native country – Aung Pan (southern Burma). 

Dagon Taryar was a very famous poet, and he was a friend of my grandparents. He visited our house especially in the Harvest Festival which yearly held in our garden. After my grandparents passed away, he did not miss to visit our house. He was humble and always welcomed anyone who admired him. He had many young readers who loved not only his poems but also his respectful personality. 

He believed that if there was peace, there came unity. It was also equally true as if there was unity, there came peace. But now he died; his speech still exists in the heart of his readers. His readers still talked about his poems and missed him so much. Not only his readers, but also who loved peace remembered him as a peace lover. 

He might be said, ‘Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there. I am the soft stars that shine at night…..’ (Quoted from unknown poem; ‘Do not stand at my grave’.)

Comments