Draw A Line for Covid-19


Draw A Line For Covid-19

"Yesterday, Covid-19 seemed so far away..."

The Covid-19 virus infected first in Wuhan, China in December 2019. The WHO recognized the spread of COVID-19 as a pandemic on 11 March 2020. Italy, Iran, South Korea, and Japan reported serious infected cases.  Until the time the covid-19 pandemic was first confirmed to have reached Burma on 23 March 2020, Myanmar was still in good health! This cartoon told that Myanmar people were immune to Covid-19.  


('We are immune to sword, we are immune to stick, we are immune to spear, we are immune to COVID-19'.) 
(Cartoon by Maung Yit.)

Reality was knocking at our door!

From the day of 23 March 2020, confirmed cases were added everyday. People were afraid of the COVID-19 virus spreading. During those time, authority announced how to prevent infection, for example 'wash your hands'. According to Burmese pronounciation, 'Washing hands' is 'Giving medicine'.

('Hey! Found one! Wash hands.') 
(The title of the cartoon, 'They are giving medicine!')
(Cartoon by Maung Yit.) 

People are not allowed to go outside without masks during the time of lockdown. 'To wear masks' pronounced in Myanmar language as 'Walk on hind legs''. Here, some animals discussed about it.

('The problem is how to walk on hind legs?')
(Illustrated by Maung Yit.)


Facemasks are preferred. So they may be part of the outfits for the time being. The soldier must wear masks too.
('We are complete dressed, sir!')
(Illustrated by Maung yit)

When Myanmar New Year comes, Thargyarmin - King of the celestials might come and visit to the human aboard to celebrate Thingyan Festival for three days. But this year, people warned him to wear masks or his aboard will be infected.


('Hail to thee Tha Gyarmin! Be careful! Your aboard will be lockdown or you will meet Quarantine!)
(Illustrated by Maung Yit.)

"Will this Lockdown ever end?"

During lockdown, people were finding to do something to spend their time at home. Later, all those are in lockdown became with cabin fever.  

('Father is working from home.')
(Illustrated by Maung Yit.) 

When the government lockdown extended for two more weeks, people feeling 'Was this lockdown ever end?".

('Days are numbered.')
(Illustrated by Maung Yit)


People have to store things for the emergency for the future. Have to buy rice, oil, salt, peanuts, onions, or beer. But this child was more genius than all!

('Masks, masks! Facemask boxes!')
(Cartoon by Maung Yit.)

The choice of next generation, baby was born in 2020 might love masks, gloves. 

('He liked gloves and masks, because he was born in 2020.')
(Illustrated by Maung Yit.)

Do not touch your face with hands. Here, give you an advice!


('This is the way how to touch the face.')
(Cartoon by Maung Yit.)


Challenge Accepted

Anyone can compete if there is a competition of 'Sewing Masks' be held.

(May I?)
(Cartoon by Maung Yit.)


'It Has Been A Long Road'

 I went shopping every 2 weeks during lockdown. I have to wear hat, glasses, mask, gloves, and wore slippers when I went outside. I also was wearing easy-to-wash clothes. By this rubbish dress, I even don't recognize myself! Sometimes I stood at the threshold of the market and hate to see the masked people around, I really want to cry. No one saw my tears thanks to that trash mask! I could not breathe comfortably. I hate it! I wished those unhappy days are over soon.


("Where is Romeo? I don't think I recognized him if he wore the same suit.')
(Illustrated by Maung Yit.)

BUT

I could wear the beautiful clothes when I was watering the flowers in my garden. I could wear high heels too! I was good in this fashion. I preferred stay at home to go outside. 



('In the garden, I watered alone, finally was on my own.')
(Illustrated by Maung Yit.)

Comments