A Trip to Myingyan for One More Time


 
 (Prepare for the Myingyan trip)


I suddenly decided to go to Myingyan for one more time when Sunlun Sayadaw U Wara announced His Sunlun Yogis for enlisting the trip to Myingyan. Buddhists believed that if we paid respect to Sunlun Sayadaw U Kavi (whose body still lay as on the day he died sixty years ago) at Myingyan, our good deeds could share to all our loved ones especially to my mother. Buddhists always do good deed in the monastery, or in the pagodas, and share their good deed to all their loved ones.

 (At 4:00 AM, the morning view of Than-Tha-Yar-Aye Pagoda at Myingyan Sunlun Monastery.)

I bought umbrella, fan, yellow robe, and slipper to offer Sayadaw U Kavi. I remembered during the first visit, my parents asked me to go Myingyan to offer yellow robe at Sunlun Sayadaw U Kavi. Coincidently on the day I went to Myingyan, was the day my grandfather passed away 17 years ago. I was hoping my grandparents would see my good deed of merit, and say ‘well done’ with me. At that time, I was feeling fresh, and in good mood. 

 
 (At the Myingyan Sunlun Monastery, all the visitors were served lunch by the one who offered.)

This time was different. My mother passed away just 3 months ago, and I still was not fully calm in my mind. I was beggar cannot be chooser. I had to do good deeds. That's why I was practising meditation. After my mother passed away, I tried to do meditation at the Sunlun Monastery once per week, and did every day at home. I believed that because of practising meditation regularly, I could slightly control my desperate mind. I was filled with gratitude the Sunlun Sayadaw U Kavi who had shown the method of meditation which even fool like me could do. That’s why when Sayadaw U Wara – a head of Kaba Aye Sunlun Gu Kyaung Meditation Centre (7th Mile, Rangoon), and meditation master announced the trip to Myingyan to pay respect Sunlun Sayadaw U Kivi, I was seriously decided to join the group.

 (People were excited to pay respect the Sayadaw U Kivi.)

Now, I kneeled at the foot of the Sayadaw U Kivi’s body. My heart was filled with gratitude for the Sayadaw. I paid respect with my hands clasped palm to palm to Him, and I felt my eyes with full of tears for saying ‘Ah-mhya’ (come and share), and expected to my dear mother who hear it, and to say ‘tha-du’ (well done) with me.


Comments