“Subtract from many modern poets all,…..”

When I was at the book shop, I noticed that there were more new novels
and new books arrived at their shelves. But I was still swimming in
the old century novels and books. The book seller said their main
concern was selling 21st century books and novels. I rarely saw old
books and novels. They said the reader of this modern world preferred
new century novels and books. It was 'the choice of this generation?'
If my choice was the same as this, I would have no problem of poverty
in books.

Thinking Alone!

For me, when I began to read a novel, my grandparents introduced me
with Charles Dickens. I remembered my grandmother read some remarkable
lines from her favorite novel by heart and taught me how beautiful the
lines were. At that time, I could not follow her teaching very well. I
could not feel as same as what she felt about those lines. What was
different? Was the meaning really beautiful? But I did not argue her
and listened carefully what she said. I was surprised that she
remembered all the pages and lines that she read a long ago! I was not
sure that I could remember the lines that I had read before?

I still remembered my grandmother said about some lines from Charles
Dickens. She said those lines were once some questions at the B.A
examination at their time. She also said that the lines in the novel
were very important. She suggested that I should have to read very
carefully and slowly. Do not read hastily. I realized that if I read
speedily, I was missing something from my reading. When I read a book,
I should have to learn absorb ideas from the printed page.

I sometimes asked my grandmother, if I read slowly and learn
everything from the pages, I could not have finished a book in a month
or it might take a year? I still remembered my grandfather replied
that I did not need to read a novel very thoroughly. It was a scholar
reading style. My grandmother agreed with it. But she still insisted
that for intelligent reader could see and have deeper appreciation the
beautiful lines of the book even in a speedy reading. So, she also
said that I should have to read books like eating. It made me speed in
reading. More reading, more increase pleasure and understanding in
books of all kind.


Epilogue

Ah! Let's go to the beginning. I was thinking about my grandparents
when I was at the book shop. There I did not see any book to buy. All
were new to me. 21st century novels and books were everywhere. I
wondered the lines in those books and novels were as beautiful as
those of the old century books? I did not really know this answer. I
hope one day the reader of this modern world can answer me! or Give me
any suggestion which 21st century book or novel I will have to try
first?

Comments