The Trouble with Modern Technologies

Trouble with my pc!


Writing and Typing

My friend suggested me that to use computer when I send my articles to the magazines, because I always wrote my articles with paper and my hand-writing. I rarely used my computer. But I had to use my pc for posting my blogs.

I had many reasons. I am afraid for losing my articles in PC. Some writers typed their articles and sent their typing to the magazines. The editors preferred the articles in typing from the writers. But I still used old-fashioned tools instead of using new technologies.


The Fate of Our Articles

If we sent our article to the magazine, we had to wait at least 4 or 8 months or sometimes a year to be appeared in the magazine. There were many reasons - our articles might be lost in the hand of the editors or our article might not be allowed to be appeared in the magazine because of the censorship, etc.

Troubles with My PC

Our pc stored my article and it could save it UNLESS the pc was caused damage or harm by virus! So after typing some lines or pages of my article (not finished yet), I used my memory stick to save my unfinished article. But my worries did not stop here. If my memory stick caused damage or it ruined because of virus, ….. Then I used external hard drive to save it again. But it did not stop my worry. I used cd rom to save it again. Next day, I continued to type my article, after that the previous process went on again. I still was troubled with memory stick, external hard drive, cd rom, etc.

On The Other Hand

If I did not use my pc and wrote my article with paper and my handwriting, it was sure that I had draft in my files. For lost in the editor’s hand or unreturned, I had a chance to find the draft in my old files. I never threw away my old files or outlines of the articles. It gave me a chance for having the same ideas of the lost articles. I could read the draft or the outlines and I could write it over again with trying to have the same feeling as possible.

Unkind Fate!

I recently heard from my cousin that he lost all his documents in his external drive. It might be damaged because of electric shock or other unnecessary occur. He could not find them in his pc either. He was unhappy for that. He said there were many important data were lost and it was not the first time he had met this situation. I felt unhappy to hear those similar things not only from him but also from my friends.

So, to guarantee the technologies was important. Whenever we bought pc or other accessories, there were 1 or 2 or 3 years guaranteed for their devices. It made me safe and secure for our documents within those years. Damaged within their guaranteed years was a very rare case. But for my cousin’ case, he lost his documents within the guaranteed year. The company exchanged with the new one, but he could not get back his documents which were save in the damaged one. The company only guaranteed for their accessories, not for the documents saved in it. After the guaranteed year was over, we had to be more careful for our device. There are many reasons such as the damage already occurred in it or the electric shock or by our own faults which could ruin the device.

Epilogue

I still felt head-ache when I used my pc. I was still worried about my documents which were going to lose for my fault or any other reasons. But I still used my pc for convenience.  But still felt head-ache, heart-ache,……

(Next Post -  Book Review of the Biographies)

Comments