I am reading Ray Bradbury

There were three book stores selling English books in Burma but I
rarely found his books there. That's why for reading more new books
relied on my friends. Now I received 'Fahrenheit 451', 'The
Illustrated Man' and 'the collection of his short stories' from my
friend A. I was so happy with these books and I was reading them with
delight.
Here was the story of how I became interested in stories of Ray Bradbury….
His short story 'Usher II' was included in the book of 'The United
States in Literature', seventh edition of 1985. My parents bought it
at one of the old-book sales in 1989. There were many short stories,
poems and plays of old or new writers in it. At that time, I only read
poem and biography of famous people and I never tried to read the
short stories in it.
In 2009, my friend xxx bought 'Short Story Volume I' of Ray Bradbury
for my father. I took it and read his short stories with interest. I
told my father how I was interested in his short stories he then
showed me our old book of 1989 and suggested to read Usher II. It was
the first time I saw his photo and his biography. After reading Usher
II, I wanted to read 'Fahrenheit 451' because my father said 'Usher
II' might be a sequel of 'Fahrenheit 451' (1953). So, I asked my
friend A to find it for me and I received them now.
I wondered if I read 'Usher II' in 1989, I would have to wait for more
than 20 years to read 'Fahrenheit 451' because of the small number of
book shops in our country?

Comments