‘Blessing in disguise!’

It was very popular among our family circle. My grandfather always
quoted these words when we met unhappy or disappointed situations.
When I was very young, I had an accident playing football with my
brother, my feet was injured badly. I could not walk properly. At that
time the final examination was held. I was very upset about my injury
and it was difficult to go into the examination room. My grandfather
encouraged me with his saying, 'blessing in disguise'. I did not
realize how I would be blessed with that injury!
On the final day of the examination, the students were called for
meeting at head of our school master' school assembly for choosing
some school girls with good height to prepare training for celebrating
one of the school' events. The chosen girls must take these tiresome
exercises during our holiday. It was sure for choosing me because of
my height. But I was lucky that I took excuse for having injured feet.
When I returned home, I told my grandfather how lucky I was. My
grandfather smiled to me and reminded me that saying; blessing in
disguise. My unlucky injury was a blessing in disguise for resting at
home in our holiday by reading books or playing with my brother!

Comments