Any fool can do it, even I can do it!

Here is the biography of my grandfather –

U Khin Maung Latt
English teacher and Writer
(1915 – 1996)

There was already mentioned about him in the biography of my
grandmother in the previous post. So I want to add as he always loved
to teach and he had been an English teacher for the rest of his life.
He was very patient with his students.
On his life time, there were three books published. Two of them were
about English language as 'Current Essays' and 'Everyday Expressions
in English'. On the third one , my grandparents wrote together on the
subject of 'English language' and 'Reading Books' in Burmese. He also
wrote many articles about his experience of teaching. He and my
grandmother worked as an editor of the Family' magazine called 'Pyaw
Taw Zat' in 1965 for one year. I heard that although the magazine was
very popular among public, it was ended tragically stopped by the
financial problem.
As a grand daughter, I think that my grandfather was very humble and
I never saw him proud. When he was in stroke , unconscious in the
hospital for 4 days, he died in peace on 1 August 1996.
'Any fool can do it, even I can do it.' was said by my grandfather. It
was very popular in our family circle. But difficult to explain, but
it maybe easy to understand! Any fool can understand, even I can
understand.

Comments

  1. Dear Junior Win,
    Very nice to read the article about your grand dad . Our family admire so much of his honesty, integrity and sincereity.I guess, you must be the daughter of Ko Maung Win. I am the youngest daughter of Dr Maung Maung who was your grand parents' family doctor as well as freinds for a long time ( > 50 years).
    Please say hello to your family.
    Best wishes from
    Dr Khin Sabai ( London)
    Khinsabai1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saya U Khin Maung Latt will always be in my good memory as a humble individual with a big heart. Not only as a great writer and English teacher. I attended his English classes in the 70's. I treasured his "Everyday Expressions in English".

    Thank you for posting, Junior Win. I was a classmate of Dr. Khin Sabai too.

    Regards,
    Peter Leong, MD
    Washington DC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment