A Day at the Myanmar Cartoon‘s 100th Anniversary


A Day at the Myanmar Cartoons 100th Anniversary

(MCC hall held 100th Anniversary of Myanmar Cartoon.)

The first cartoon in Burma appeared as celebrating Christmas at the supplementary issue of the Rangoon Time Newspaper in English in 1912. The cartoonist signed as ‘Monkey’ at below. In 1915, the famous Burmese cartoonist, later became father of Burmese cartoons, U Bagalay drew in Yangon (Rangoon) Time Newspaper in English. We recalled this memory and marked the Christmas season of December of this year 2015 as 100th Anniversary of Burmese cartoons. 
 (Cartoons models greets us as my old friends, long-time-no-see friends...)

It was held MCC garden in Rangoon. I planned to go there on 30th December - the first day of their celebration. It was held for 2 days – 30th and 31st December of 2015. The MCC garden was a very large field, I saw cute cartoons models stood far away from me from the entrance, under the hard sun. 

The cartoons models told their history. They seemed to me my old childhood friends welcoming their fans with love, and warm heart. I missed them so much. I took photos with them, and I felt they became alive. I also saw the one who boxing with his favorite cartoon character made me laugh, and cool. I met my favorite cartoonists at the entry of the hall, and they seemed were so happy, and pleased to see us. 

 (A lot of fan still remember their old memories.)

There were many interesting sales such as key-chains, T-shirts, cups, and post cards, comics, magazines, and books. There also a competition for children to color pictures. There was a great performance that was played by some cartoonists. I wondered around the hall, and enjoyed all the cartoons, and photos which was displayed on the blackboards stood at the corners.  

(All the shows full of interests, and enjoyments.)

I once dreamt my childhood memories which was not complete without the cartoons, and comics. I believed their works changed our childhood world to smooth, and go well. We carried those happy memories to our adult life, and we would have to say thanks to all the cartoonist here, and to all around the world.

Comments